Sign up for Text Alerts from the Library
Shoutbomb is a text messaging service which allows you to use your cell phone to receive text notices about:
- Available holds
- Items coming due soon
- Overdue items
- Renewable items (Shoutbomb will also let you renew eligible items from your phone!)
What you need to know…
To get started you will need your cell phone, library barcode number, and PIN. You don’t need a smartphone to use Shoutbomb!
The library will not charge you a fee to use Shoutbomb; however, your cell phone service provider’s texting rates will apply.
If you don’t know your PIN, visit or contact the circulation desk to have your PIN reset.
You can opt out whenever you wish. You can add or remove library cards whenever you wish.
How to sign up
- Send a text message to: email@example.com
- In the body of the text, type SIGNUP, and then send the message.
- Shoutbomb will send you messages.
- Reply to the messages sent from Shoutbomb. They will ask you for your library card’s barcode number, PIN, and email address. If you don’t wish to provide your email address, then type NONE.
T-Mobile Users: Please add MAGIC@shoutbomb.com as a contact to your phone’s address book. When prompted to reply to a Shoutbomb automated message please use your phone’s saved contact instead.