You are hereMeeting Room Policy
Meeting Room Policy
For more information on reserving the meeting room, please send an email to the Library Director at:.
Meeting rooms of the Messenger Public Library of North Aurora are used to support library functions, meetings and programs. The spaces available for public use meetings are defined as the Large Meeting Room, the Conference Room, and the Training Lab.
When not in use by the Library, the meeting rooms are available for use by groups and organizations serving the residents of North Aurora. Use of the meeting rooms does not imply endorsement, support, or co-sponsorship by Messenger Public Library of the activities that take place in the meeting rooms or of the beliefs of the group using the meeting rooms. Groups, individuals or members of groups using the meeting rooms may not imply that the event or program is sponsored, co-sponsored, or endorsed by the Library in any advertising or publicity.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on library premises.
- The Library is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not allowed on the premises.
- Minors must be under supervision of adults. One (1) adult (21 years or older) must supervise every ten (10) minors (age 14 and under).
- Groups or organizations may not use a meeting room more than once a month. Limited series of weekly or daily meetings may be scheduled at the discretion of the Library Administrator.
- Groups and organizations may not use the name, address or telephone number of the Library except for notifying members and attendees of the location for a meeting.
- Decorations must be limited to those items that can stand on a floor or table. Nothing may be attached to walls or ceiling of the meeting room or the Lobby without advance permission of the Library Administrator.
- The Library does not provide storage or assistance in carrying materials and supplies to the meeting rooms.
- A Library staff member may be present at any time during the meeting or function.
Training Lab: 15-20
- A completed signed application form must be filed with the Library Administrative Assistant before the reservation will be confirmed. Reservation may be made as far as 4 months in advance with a minimum of seven (7) days prior to the program.
- Priority is given to Library and Library related meetings and functions. Reservations for non-library related meetings will be accepted in the order in which they are received, subject to the exclusions stated above.
- The Administrative Assistant must be notified immediately when a confirmed meeting or function is cancelled.
- The Library reserves the right to revoke permission for use of the meeting rooms.
- Groups or organizations failing to comply with any part of this policy or the established procedures of the Library, or who provide false information on the application form, will be denied use of the meeting rooms.
- Tables and chairs
- LCD multimedia projector
- Projection Screen
- Monitor with VCR/DVD player
- Easel and whiteboard
- Any damages to clean up and restore the room to its previous condition will be billed to the organization.
- Commercial and for-profit groups will be charged $25 per hour for room use. Reservations shall not be made for less than one (1) hour.
- In the event a meeting extends beyond the regular library hours, the group or organization including not-for-profit groups will be charged $50 an hour, with a minimum charge of one (1) hour. Prior consent of the Library Administrator is needed for an organization to meet outside the regular operating hours of the Library.