Here are our Frequently Asked Questions. If you still need assistance please feel free to contact us.
What do I need to do to receive a library card?
In order to receive a library card from the Messenger Public Library of North Aurora, you must show us proof that you are a resident of North Aurora. In order to prove residency, you will need to provide either a current driver's license with your North Aurora address or a photo ID and two other forms of ID with your North Aurora address (i.e. current utility bill, lease).
Am I able to send faxes at the library?
The Library has a self-serve fax machine. The cost for the first page is $1.50 and each additional page is $1.00. A credit card is needed to use this service. Prepaid fax cards may also be purchased at the Circulation Desk of the Library. Due to privacy issues Library staff are unable to fax materials for patrons.
How do I check my library account online?
Go to our Online Catalog and type in your library barcode and your PIN (the last 4 numbers of your phone number) in the upper right corner of the page. Then, you can renew items, place items on hold, and check to see if you have fines.
How do I renew my library materials online?
To renew a library item:
- Log in to your user account.
- Click on Renew My Materials on the left side of the page. A list of items you currently have checked out will be displayed.
- Do one of these options:
- To renew all the items in the list, mark the Select All box.
- Mark the box next to the title(s) you want to renew.
- Click Renew Selected Items.
- The item will be renewed and a new due date for the item will appear to the right of the title.
- When you are finished, log out of your user account.
How long can I check something out for?
Take a look at our checkout schedule by clicking here.
I do not live in North Aurora, can I still check out materials?
Yes, although not all materials are available for Reciprocal Borrowers to check out. New items are restricted to North Aurora patrons only. Please call the library to verify that the item you wish to borrow is available. You will need to bring your valid library card and ID in order to check out materials.