Study Room Policy
Study Room Use Policy
Messenger Public Library encourages library users to be informed citizens and to use the facility’s study rooms for the purpose of education and learning. The Library’s rules of Conduct are posted in each study room. Users are expected to honor these behavior standards.
- Users under 8 years of age are required to have adult supervision while using the study rooms.
- All users must register at the departmental staff desk before usage.Users may not reserve a room in advance. All rooms will be registered on a first come, first served basis.
- Time slots are one hour in length. Extended usage times may be given if room is available. A limit of two hours per day will be enforced should other users request the use of a room.
- Personal articles in the room or left in the room are the responsibility of the user.
- Staff has discretionary authority to remove users from a study room should behavior be inconsistent with the purpose of the room’s use and/or is disruptive to others in the library.
- Study Room capacity is 4.
The study room user must leave a valid Messenger Public Library card to a staff member at the desk before registering for a study room. A non-resident user must leave a valid photo ID to a staff member at the Information desk before a room is assigned. Credit or debit cards may not be used as a photo ID. Study rooms are available for use when the library opens and continues until fifteen (15) minutes before closing.
Approved 2/2005 Messenger Public Library Board of Trustees